Sotera has a strong specialisation in rail having worked, worldwide with:
- Train operating companies
- Infrastructure managers
- Equipment suppliers
- Rolling stock manufacturers
- Industry bodies
- Metro, mainline, light rail and freight.
All of the services in the ‘services we offer’ section have been applied to the rail sector.
If it moves and carries people or cargo, it is fairly certain Sotera have applied their risk management services to it. Examples of other transport services include:
- Airport feasibility assessment
- Transport risk management for the 2012 London Olympics (road, bike, ferries, trains, pedestrians)
- Road tunnels
- Ports and the training of pilots in Port activities
- Helicopter personnel transport offshore.
Oil and Gas
The oil and gas sectors is where ‘Team Sotera’ started to develop their expertise in risk management. Our first project work was in response to the Piper Alpha oil production platform fire in 1988.
We have continued to serve this sector to the present day by completing detailed risk assessments, developing associated tools, and writing safety cases over the past 25 years. These have covered most aspects of oil and gas production.